Musculoskeletal conditions are typically characterised by pain (often persistent) and limitations in mobility, dexterity and functional ability, reducing people’s ability to work and participate in social roles with associated impacts on mental wellbeing, and at a broader level impacts on the prosperity of communities. The most common and disabling musculoskeletal conditions are osteoarthritis, back and neck pain, fractures associated with bone fragility, injuries and systemic inflammatory conditions such as rheumatoid arthritis.
Musculoskeletal conditions include conditions that affect:
- joints, such as osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, psoriatic arthritis, gout, ankylosing spondylitis;
- bones, such as osteoporosis, osteopenia and associated fragility fractures, traumatic fractures;
- muscles, such as sarcopenia;
- the spine, such as back and neck pain;
- multiple body areas or systems, such as regional and widespread pain disorders and inflammatory diseases such as connective tissue diseases and vasculitis that have musculoskeletal manifestations, for example systemic lupus erythematosus.
We are Here to Help You
All our Physiotherapists at Tracey Miles Physiotherapy are trained in the effective assessment, treatment and management of musculoskeletal conditions.
Our treatments are based on established techniques which are supported by research and are proven to get results. Our treatment is tailored to the individual’s needs or symptoms and techniques include:
- Joint mobilisation and manipulation
- Soft tissue techniques including massage, trigger point release and stretching techniques.
- Rehabilitation and gym work
- Electrotherapy including ultrasound
- Core Stability training
- Movement re-education and rehabilitation
- Pelvic floor muscle re-training